Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Access Link and Guide for Using NoodleTools
This online resource allows you to build MLA and APA citations. CCTC students may create their individual account through the Library's NoodleTools account. After creating your account, follow Tabs 1-4 below or access the PDF file below to learn the steps of developing your citation list.
How To Use NoodleTools - A Video From CCTC Library
NoodleTools - A Citation Software Video
This video demonstrates how to register for your NoodleTools account, create a New Project, generate a journal citation in MLA format, and export the Works Cited list to Microsoft Word.
Training - From the NoodleTools Company
Click on the Sequence of Tabs To Learn the Steps of Developing Your Citation List
Important Note: To use this software you need a personal NoodleTools account. To create your personal NoodleTools account, refer to the box on this page that is labeled, "How To Create Your NoodleTools Account." If you already have an account, sign in and start your New Project.
- Near the top of the screen, click on the green button that is labeled, +New Project.
- Provide a title for the project.
- Select the Citation Style (APA or MLA).
- Select the Citation Level for the Advanced Comprehensive coverage.
- Click on the blue button that is labeled, Submit.
- In the Project Title section of the screen, click on the title of the project you with to work on.
- Click on the Sources link in the blue area on the left side of the screen.
- Click on the green button on the top right that is labeled, + New Source.
- Click the tab that describes where you located your resource.
- Then select the specific content type. For Example, if your are citing a journal article, select journal from the list.
- Enter the required information about your resource in the boxes and click the blue button that is labeled, Save.
- To add other resources to the list, repeat steps 3-6.
- Errors are highlighted with a red wavy line and the yellow triangle icon contains information to assist you with correcting the error.
- Save your work by clicking on the blue Save button.
- Click on the three dots on the right corner to see edit options and in-text documentation for the citation.
- When you've finished entering your citations, click on the printer icon that is located near the top of the screen.
- Click on the phrase, print/Export to Word.
- On the pop up window, you will likely want to use the option to Export all sources, but other options are available.
- Click the blue button that is labeled, Submit. The document will open in Microsoft Word.
- Access NoodleTools from the Library link in myCCTC or on CCTC LibGuides.
- Click on My Projects at the top left corner of the page.
- Locate your project in the Project Title list. Click on the title of your project. (Note: The vertical ellipsis on the right of the titles lists to see more options such as Edit.
- To access the individual citations in the project, click on the Sources icon in the blue area on the left side of the screen.